Rick Carter was born March 17, 1946 in Franklin, Virginia. He began the general practice of law in Charlottesville in 1971.
Through the years his practice has evolved into a concentration in real estate transactions (residential and commercial), land use (zoning, subdivision, special use permits, etc.), business (formation and representation of business entities), and estate planning (wills, trusts, powers of attorney, etc.).
Rick has been with what is now Zunka, Milnor & Carter, Ltd. since 1994. He has been a frequent lecturer at real estate seminars and programs for school board members throughout Virginia.
• University of Richmond
(B.A., English, 1968, J.D., 1971)
• Albemarle County Service Authority
Board of Directors (2009-2013)
• Seventh District Disciplinary
• Virginia State Bar
(former faculty, Course on
• Charlottesville-Albemarle Bar
• Commissioner in Chancery for Albemarle
County and City of Charlottesville
• Assistant Commonwealth Attorney
for Albemarle County (1972-74)
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
• The Best Real Estate Lawyer
in Charlottesville 2012
• "The Best Lawyers in America",
Woodward/White, Inc.-listed since 1994
• Martindale Hubbell rated "AV"
• Former Captain, US Army Reserves
• Christ Episcopal Church
(Trustee, Vestry, former Endowment
Fund Board of Directors, former Sunday
School Superintendent, lay reader)
• Crozet Lions Club (former member)
• Local Arthritis Foundation Board
• Farmington Country Club
(Board of Directors 1997-1999,
Treasurer 1998, President 1999,